You Can Make The Difference in a Child’s Life
North Shore Child & Family Guidance Center is the preeminent not-for-profit children’s mental health agency on Long Island. Dedicated to restoring and strengthening the emotional well-being of children and families, the Guidance Center leads the way in diagnosis, treatment, prevention, training, parent education, research and advocacy. Our highly qualified staff consists of teams of caring psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, mental health counselors, family advocates and drug & alcohol counselors with expertise in treating children.
Be part of the caring team at the Guidance Center!
Positions available now:
Special Events Coordinator
Hours: Full time
Compensation: Based on experience
This is an opportunity to join the Development team at North Shore Child & Family Guidance Center, the leading community-based non-profit specialty children’s mental health organization on Long Island. The Special Events Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day logistics and support of the Guidance Center’s fundraising events. The Coordinator will help to produce the Agency’s fundraising and cultivation events including the Spring Luncheon, the Jonathan Krevat Memorial Golf & Tennis Classic, and Annual Gala. The Coordinator will support the Director of Development in all fundraising efforts. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- On-site logistical support the day of the event
- Securing and contracting venues
- Management of RSVPs, coordination of table seating, coordination of golf foursomes
- Vendor coordination including securing and contracting designers, printers, boutique vendors, florists, music, A/V, etc.
- Ordering of invitations, sponsor signage and all collateral materials including the coordination of souvenir journals and scrolls of honor
- Production of agenda/program and promotional videos for each event
- Tracking and solicitation of live and silent auction prizes and raffle prizes
- Correspondence with guest speakers and talent
- Creating and ordering of honoree, speaker and donor plaques and awards
- Solicitation of products for gift bags
- All email, phone and written correspondence following-up on donor inquiries for events
- Coordination of the calendar for all event press, marketing and PR efforts
- Site visits to venues in advance of events.
- Attendance and coordination of agendas and recording of minutes for all event committee meetings.
- Working with Communication Director on Social Media posts and strategy
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree and two+ years’ experience in fundraising and donor stewardship.
- Special events and logistical coordination experience
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of fundraising software and Excel
- Expertise in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Knowledge of digital design programs including Canva and Imovie
- Superior organizational skills, including managing multiple tasks effectively with strict attention to detail
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills
- An understanding of the Long Island philanthropic community
Contact Lauren McGowan, (516) 626-1971, Ext. 320, or email LMcGowan@northshorechildguidance.org
BILINGUAL Social Worker Or Mental Health Counselor (LMSW Or LMHC Preferred)
Hours: 28 hours weekly
Compensation: Based on experience
Program: Outpatient Mental Health Clinic (Westbury location)
Great Job Opportunity for Bilingual, Bicultural Social Worker!
North Shore Child & Family Guidance Center, Long Island’s leading children’s mental health agency, has an exciting opportunity for a bilingual, bicultural social worker who wants to help girls in the Latina community who are struggling with depression, anxiety and other challenges. Two positions are open for licensed social workers to work with teen clients 12-18 who are part of our Latina Girls Project, an innovative program that incorporates individual, group and family therapy, along with monthly outings to plays, museums and other sites, to help these vulnerable girls become healthy, happy young women. In addition to making a real difference in the lives of these girls and their families, you will receive weekly individual and group supervision and monthly trainings that will expand your skills. Note: You will also be working with younger clients, both girls and boys.Health insurance and other great benefits are provided.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessment with children, youth & families.
- Conduct family, group or individual psychotherapy as needed, within the weekly productivity requirements of the program to which one is assigned.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress with respect to treatment goals.
- Interview clients, review records, conduct assessments, or confer with other professionals to evaluate the mental or physical condition of clients or patients.
- Carry a minimum of two groups that meeting, minimally, on a weekly basis.
- Assist in the development of plans to prevent deterioration of client functioning.
- Make necessary referrals and participate, as needed, in client engagement with higher levels of care (e.g. hospitalization, day treatment, partial hospital care).
- Render immediate guidance as well as therapy for children and families in crisis.
- Provide clinical consultation in regards to family interactions, community resources and socio-cultural determinants.
- Complete paperwork in a timely manner and participate in all administrative functions, including staff training, necessary to support direct service provision.
- Utilize Electronic Health Records and Concurrent Record Keeping as directed and indicated.
- Two evenings required
Contact Erika Perez-Tobon at (516) 626-1971, Ext. 228, or email email@example.com
Social Media Intern
North Shore Child & Family Guidance Center (www.northshorechildguidance.org) is seeking a Social Media Intern for six months. Main responsibilities include planning, creating, and posting content on the Guidance Center’s Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook accounts. The Social Media Intern will also be responsible for publishing weekly blog posts, using the Guidance Center’s WordPress account, centering on current and emerging mental health topics. This is an ideal opportunity for students looking to strengthen their portfolio with writing samples and gain hands on experience running professional social media accounts.
- Working knowledge of professional social media
- Prior experience with blogs
- Sensitivity regarding mental health issues
- Ability to run and analyze social analytics/SEO
- Reliable and trustworthy
Preferred, but not required:
- Knowledge of mental health/minor in a related field
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Suite
Send resume and cover letter to: JKernfirstname.lastname@example.org